This is a recipe for making absinthe without using distilled ethereal oils. Leaving out these oils, make the process much easier, plus you do not need too much equipment.
- 30 - 40 grams of Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium)
- 8,5 grams of Hyssop herb (Hyssopus officinalis)
- 1,8 grams of Sweet Flag root (Acorus calamus)
- 6,0 grams of Lemon balm leaves (Melissa officinalis)
- 30 grams of Anise seeds (Pimpinella anisum)
- 25 grams of Fennel seeds (Foeniculum vulgare)
- 10 grams of Star anise fruits (Illicium verum)
- 3,2 grams of Coriander seeds (Coriandrum sativum)
1. 30 - 40 grams of Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium)
2. Crush the herbs and put them in a sealable jar (a big preserving jar will do well).
3. Pour 800 ml of alcohol (90 - 95%) over the herbs. Keep the mixture in the jar for one week, but shake it once in a while.
4. After a week, add 2/3 l of water to it. Allow it to stand for another day, then filter the herbs. It is best to use a cloth, because this will also filter small rests of herbs. The remaining liquid can be pressed out easily.