Here's what you do in order to make a smokeable extract of the Galangal root.
Cooking pot with boiling water
Galangal root powder
1. Place the pulverized roots in boiling water.
2. Cook them for 10 minutes.
3. Filter them out. Repeat this process 3 times.
4. You can keep the liquid boiling, until only syrup is left. Dilute HCl is poured over it.
5. Basify the mixture with NaOH.
6. Put the mixture in petroleum ether and shake it well. Wait until it separates.
7. Decant the petroleum ether and let the rest evaporate.
8. After all petroleum ether has vaporized, a black tar like substance, which can be smoked, remains.
Please note that when the root extract is smoked, it takes several minutes before the effects can be felt.